Sunday 26 January 2014

Simple Dinner Recipe: Homemade Satay Chicken

This is my first attempt at making my own Satay Chicken at home. Marinated lean chicken, on a grill and we ran out of bamboo skewers. Truly home style. Haha.


Homemade Satay Chicken

The verdict? So gooooood.

Well, don't compare to the bought ones especially those laden with artery-clogging fats and charred taste of potentially-cancerous carbon bits ;) This is truly homemade and healthier version. And by homemade standard, I have to say it's pretty darn good!

I'm quite impressed with the marinate which I bought from Tesco, Malaysia. I like the fact that I can still taste the lemongrass and it wasn't salty enough! You see, I'm always very skeptical to try packet mix because it's always too salty for my taste but this was different. It still has room for me to adjust the saltiness to my taste - so I added a bit of sugar, salt, pepper and oyster sauce. I'm happy :)







Next, it's the Satay Sauce. Honestly I've tasted better but you really can't complain for something as easy as throwing the whole packet into a hot water bath, cut open and serve!

Here's my happy Satay Sauce enjoying his hot spring, totally ignorant and unsuspicious of the fate that awaits him...





To make your own homemade Satay Chicken (for 4 person):

Ingredients
1kg of chicken thigh (skin removed;cleaned and chopped into small pieces)
1 packet of Satay Marinade
Packet of Satay Sauce (1 packet = a small bowl shown on the packaging = only enough for 1 person. So do the math yourself!)
Chopped Onions
Chopped Cucumbers

Optional: Salt, Pepper, Oyster Sauce, Sugar


Step 1: Marinate the chicken with the Satay Marinade and let it sit in the fridge for at least an hour. (Add water and seasonings to taste. Give it a good stir to ensure all the chicken pieces are well marinated.)

Step 2: Using a grill pan, cook the chicken until slightly charred. Just slightly!




Step 3: Put the whole packet of Satay Sauce (unopened) into a hot water bath for 15mins, cut open and Serve!

Step 4: Serve satay with some chopped onions and cucumbers. We had it with rice too and all we have to say is....YUM! :D




Dinner's ready! I love this one! :D

Oh by the way, my first job interview is happening next week!! Weeee~ I'm so excited. It only means I can cook and bake more yummy goodies without feeling the guilt of being jobless! Wish me luck!!

Be back soon! Muax!


No comments:

Post a Comment