Thursday 7 November 2013

Simple Breakfast Recipe: Awesome Fluffy Pancakes

I've been thinking of making my own pancakes at home for a very long time. Why pay more for a pancake when it's so cheap and easy to make at home?


So finally, the day arrived. It was a beautiful Sunday morning. Found a pancake recipe by Nigella Lawson (Link).  And I thought to myself, wow, if this recipe is from The Domestic Goddess, I can't possibly fail this one, can I? >_<


Guess what, I didn't! The pancake was thick, spongy and fluffy just as described in the website. The BEST pancake you can make at home! :D It was super easy, only involves throwing everything into a mixer, cook and eat! Serious!


Eat it while it's warm so that it's crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside! :D


Here's the recipe to make for 3 person (Nigella said 4. They must be really small eaters. We can eat 3-5 pancakes each! Lol):


Dry Ingredients
225g plain flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of white sugar

Wet Ingredients
2 large eggs (beaten)
30g butter (melted and cooled)
300ml of milk

Some butter for frying


Step 1: Prepare the wet ingredients - beat eggs, melt butter and prepare the amount of milk needed. Put aside.

Step 2: Throw in all the dry ingredients in a mixer and gently stir to mix with a spoon. Make a small well in the middle and add the wet ingredients and blitzzzz away (Nigella said throw everything in and blitz. But I was quite skeptical, so I added eggs and butter first. And then slowly add in the milk.)

Step 3: Heat a small pan and start cooking your pancakes already! (I use a small round pan which makes normal sized pancakes and butter to fry but that's optional)

Step 4: Serve with butter and maple syrup. Or honey. Or banana and nutella. And nuts! Strawberries would be great too! Well, any berries would do. Especially blueberries! Or blueberry jam, omg! What about vanilla ice cream? ;D Endless possibilities.


And that's it! So easy to make and soooooo good!


The weekend is here again, I might just make some! You should too, enjoy!! :D


Note: There were some slight bitter taste in my pancakes due to the bicarbonate of soda but it didn't bother me much because it was easily masked by the maple syrup/honey. Read more about baking powder and bitter taste here.


Pancakes becomes the reason to wake up on a lazy day ~ Emily 

No comments:

Post a Comment